NOOTEBOOM TEXTILES STRENGTHENS POSITION WITH INVESTMENT BY EGERIA
Family business from Tilburg, the Netherlands, expects accelerated international expansion
Amsterdam/Tilburg, 17 January 2018 – Egeria, an investment company from Amsterdam, has reached an agreement with the Nooteboom family regarding the acquisition of a majority interest in the textile wholesale company Nooteboom Textiles. The Nooteboom family will remain a significant shareholder in the company. The transaction is expected to be finalised in the coming weeks. Financial details have not been disclosed.
Founded in 1852, Nooteboom Textiles is a specialised wholesaler of women's and children's clothing fabrics and is the market leader in Europe. Sander Nooteboom, head of the family business since 1994: "We have grown rapidly in recent years, both within the Netherlands and internationally. Thanks to Egeria's participation, we can accelerate our ambitious growth strategy and have the opportunity to expand into new countries and markets. Egeria is an ideal partner for us because they not only invest, but they also provide knowledge, experience, and a strong international network."
"Nooteboom Textiles is an ambitious Dutch company with a strong market position, which perfectly fits our investment strategy," according to Hans Oerlemans, partner at Egeria. "It is a fifth generation family business with a very committed owner and professional management, and I am pleased that the current owner will retain a large shareholding in the company." According to Oerlemans, there are great opportunities for the company: "Nooteboom has grown rapidly in recent years, primarily driven by a strong focus on customer relationships and a very broad product portfolio. We will support the company in further international expansion, the roll-out of a digital strategy, and the expansion to other segments, such as textiles for home decoration. I am looking forward to working with Sander Nooteboom and his team to maximise the potential of Nooteboom Textiles."
About Nooteboom Textiles
Urias Nooteboom initially founded Nooteboom Textiles as a gentlemen's clothing shop in Tilburg in 1852. More than 165 years later, the family business has grown into a leading player in the textile industry. Nooteboom Textiles specialises in wholesale women's and children's clothing fabrics and is the European market leader. The company is active in more than fifty countries and employs approximately 85 people.
Egeria is an independent Dutch investment company founded in 1997, which focuses on medium-sized Dutch companies and companies with a Dutch connection. Egeria invests in healthy companies with an enterprise value between €50 million and €350 million. Egeria Private Equity currently has investments in eleven companies, including IQI, Dutch Bakery, Clondalkin, CleanLease, HITEC, Izico, JET Group, and Royal Sanders. Egeria's portfolio companies have a total turnover of €2.3 billion and employ almost 10,000 people. Egeria was elected winner of the NVP ESG Award by the Private Equity and Venture Capital Association of the Netherlands (NVP) in 2017.
For more information, please visit: www.egeria.nl
- B-Trendy #11Autumn / winter 2018Trendy patterns / patronen / schnitte for girls, boys and teens (80 - 176)
- My Image #17Autumn / winter 2018Patterns / patronen / schnitten, Fashion fabrics for Woman
- My Image Special #1Special EditionPatterns / patronen / schnitten
- My Image #16Spring / summer 2018Patterns / patronen / schnitten, Fashion fabrics for Woman
- Stiched by You #9Spring / summer 2018Fashion fabrics / patronen, schnittmuster / variaties, varianten for Woman
- B-Trendy #10Spring / summer 2018Trendy patterns / patronen / schnitte for girls, boys and teens (80 - 176)
- My Image #15Fall / winter 2017Patterns / patronen / schnitten, Fashion fabrics for Woman
- Stiched by You #8.2Fall / winter 2017Fashion fabrics / patronen, schnittmuster / variaties, varianten for Woman
- B-Trendy #9Fall / winter 2017Trendy patterns / patronen / schnitte for girls, boys and teens (80 - 176)